Mold. DO's and Don'ts
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What to Do:
- DO stay out of affected areas.
- DO turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- DO contact SERVPRO of Jackson for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Do NOT touch or disturb the mold.
- Do NOT blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Do NOT attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Do NOT spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
We are prepared to help you face this issue when it arises. Our team is prepared to deal with microbial growth and will help you take care of this issue quickly. If you have any questions about microbial growth or have any concerns about your home or business, let SERVPRO of Laurel put your mind at ease. Call us today at 601-425-0119 for any mold or mildew issues you are dealing with in your home or business!